When it comes to getting the most out of your experience in The Bahamas, island hopping is the best way to see the beauty of our islands, its diversity and culture. No two islands are the same! and in The Bahamas, we pride ourselves on giving you a unique experience in one destination. This is how we stand out from our caribbean neighbours and why we attract so many repeat visits each year.
The Islands of The Bahamas covers an area of 100,000 square miles, with a population of approximately 391,233 people. Seven hundred (700) islands make up the archipelago of The Bahamas, with thirty (30) inhabited islands, sixteen (16) of which welcome visitors year round. Nassau is the capital city with an estimated population of 274,400, which accounts for more than 70% of the population. Most of the country’s businesses and financial institutions can be found in Nassau and where most first time visitors to The Bahamas holiday. The majority of our larger hotels and tourist attractions are also in Nassau and Paradise Island, the latter can be accessed via a bridge.
Getting Around The Islands
If you are island hopping in The Bahamas, there are many ways in which you can experience our beautiful shores. Each island is uniquely different and getting around is easy. If your preference is by plane or boat, island hopping can be both convenient and affordable. There are daily airlift and regular ferry service from Nassau to any of the out islands. For those who wish to travel in private, there are many private charters that can accommodate individuals or small groups throughout the islands.
What To Do
Nassau, with its buzzing nightlife, large hotels, casinos and infrastructure has a lot to offer those who are looking for a fun filled, energetic holiday, but can still enjoy the beautiful beaches, rich culture and history.
The out islands may be small and few, but life is just as exciting as that of the city. Expect to be entertained in the traditional sense of Bahamian folklore, rak ‘n’ scrap, a Bahamian way of dance and music using tools such as a saw, hammer and a washboard as instruments. Enjoy the sounds of the one man band playing calypso music, mixed with a selection of Bahamian melodies and songs of yesteryear. Whatever your sense of fun, The Bahamas can entertain everyone.
If you are thinking about an island hopping holiday in The Bahamas, below is a sample travel itinerary to give you a taste of what our islands have to offer:-
Nassau/Paradise Island, Harbour Island and Abaco – 14 Days
• Depart London for Nassau
• Arrive Sir Lynden Pindling International Airport, Nassau (LPIA)
• Transfer to host hotel
• Evening at leisure
• Breakfast at your leisure
• Transfer to Paradise Island for Dolphin Encounter Tour
• Return from Dolphin Encounters and transfer to host hotel for lunch
• Remainder of afternoon at leisure – (lounge on the beach)
• Dinner at host hotel
• Remainder of evening at leisure
Day 3 to 6
• Powerboat Adventures
• Harbour Island day trip
• Lunch at Arawak Cay, Fish Fry
• Tour of down town Nassau and the Straw Market
• Tour of the Adastra Gardens and Zoo
• Tour of the Botanical Gardens
• Tour of historical Fort Charlotte
• Tour of Atlantis Marina
• Majestic Lady Dinner Cruise
Transfer to Sir Lynden Pindling International Airport for local flight to Treasure Cay, Abaco. Flying time: 30min
• Transfer to host hotel for check-in
• Afternoon at leisure
• Dinner at host hotel
• Breakfast at leisure
• Transfer for snorkel and beach picnic
• Return to host hotel
• Dinner at Green Turtle Cay Club
• Tour of New Plymouth Town by golf cart
• Tour of Treasure Cay Beach
• Lunch at Treasure Cay Hotel
• Evening entertainment in New Plymouth Town
• Diving with Brendal’s Dive Centre
Transfer to Treasure Cay Airport for flight to Nassau
• Arrive Nassau and proceed to check-in for flight to London
• Depart Nassau
• Arrive London Heathrow
Thank you for choosing The Islands of The Bahamas!